For our itinerary, we started off from Avignon in the Provence region of France and ended our journey in Florence of Italy while making stops along the way to places like Nice, Monaco, Genoa, Cinque Terre, and Tuscany.
- TIME & CONVENIENCE: With a rental car, I definitely won’t be constrained by set bus and/or train schedules that could end up being delayed or canceled, especially during the low season — I can just imagine the hassles I’ll be going through if I let myself be subjected to that uncertainty!
- FREEDOM: A self-drive arrangement will help me set my own pace as well as help me make the most out of my vacation. For instance, I can easily make stops to explore smaller towns that would likely be hard to reach or too far to visit if I solely relied on public transportation. Last-minute trip changes won’t be too much of a drag either!
- COMFORT: I’ll be gaining utmost privacy in the vehicle of my choice; not to mention the obvious fact that I will be less exposed to strangers while traveling. Together with my travel companion too, we can stop anytime for food, bathroom breaks, and more.
If you want itinerary ideas, you can check out the following posts:
There is a dizzying myriad of rental car businesses to choose from and I’ve actually tried several of them in the past years… but I kid you not, nothing has prepared me for the premium experience that I went through with a Hertz car rental. Plus, as of today, you can say that I’m now their loyal customer!
TIP: Don’t forget to return the car with a full tank of gas; otherwise, you can also just pay Hertz for refilling it especially if you’re in a rush.
To date, they have thousands of locations worldwide and they are a well-known brand in their field that values excellence and quality service. Because of these reasons and more, Hertz is a trusted company by many — me included!
» About Hertz
Having said these things, I deliberated over the next question in my head: “Which company will I be renting my car from?“
Come and give Hertz a try and I’m sure you won’t regret it!
» Booking & Pick-Up
For an even more stress-free road trip experience, this device also stays updated on traffic jams, has
In fact, when I picked up my car rental at Avignon TGV Railway station’s Hertz branch in France, aside from the fast pick-up process, my Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership had also given me this sweet and FREE car upgrade (pictured above)!
My Eurotrip would not have been as comfortable and hassle-free had I not availed my car service from Hertz; so, it is my hope that all of your future trips would be the same.
- Accumulate points for redeeming free rentals, experiences, and other rewards
- Skip the counter service in some locations wherein you can just find your name on a board at the airport and go directly to your assigned vehicle’s aisle (otherwise, a swift and separate line at other rental locations for being a Gold member)
- Pay no additional driver fees for a spouse or domestic partner
- One-class car upgrades
- …and many others!
The Hertz website [link] has a user-friendly interface that offers a seamless booking experience from start to finish. As a user, I could easily filter through the dates and car choices as per my desired preferences, and I can also set different pick-up and drop-off locations!
All things considered, I had a lot to plan for and when it came to transport, I knew that both of these countries are praised for having well-connected public transportation systems. But after much deliberation, I decided that a car rental would be a wiser decision given that it will grant me more…
» On the Road with Hertz
Travel is gradually making a comeback and when I finally had the chance to resume my postponed trips, some of the destinations that were high up on my list were places in the French and Italian Riviera found on the southern coast of Europe. After all, I have always been drawn to its dreamy sceneries, sweeping cliffside views, charming little beachside towns, and balmy weather among many others! (Hertz Car Rental)
Have you seen my latest vlog?
accurate mapping and fast routing/re-routing device that always makes sure I’m on the best route without the need for an internet connection.
TIP: It helps to book in advance because apart from the fact that you can easily secure the vehicle of your choice, you can gain access to special rates and offers as well!
Bluetooth® functionality for hands-free calls, voice control for setting destinations, and Hertz office location pins across all of Europe.
An absolute no-frills experience: I drove into the parking lot, parked the car, and dropped off the keys — that’s it!
During this reservation process, I even got to discover the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program in which registration is amazingly FREE! This is a must to sign up for, after all, it gives every member the chance to avail the following perks:
HERTZ GOLD STANDARD CLEAN
For extra peace of mind, this seal ensures that the Hertz car rental underwent an enhanced and thorough 15-point cleaning sanitazion process that follows the global health agency guidelines.
» Drop-Off Process
Hertz is an American car rental company with over 100 years of history, but its presence has long expanded beyond the borders of its nation.
– – –
» Other Hertz Car Rental Perks
- Special offers on global destinations: You can see it all here.
- Easy ways to book a Hertz car rental: If you’re from the Philippines, there Hertz Gold Plus Rewards enrollment and customer support throughout the country and you can make reservations through the following mediums…
- Telephone – (63) 2 817 8165
- Email – [email protected]
- Website – www.hertz.com.ph
- Hertz Mobile App – www.hertz.com/app
- Your preferred Travel Agent
- Hertz International Reservations (Philippines) Office address: Alexander House, 132 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City
To add, I was also given a Hertz NeverLost® satellite navigational service that is powered by the world leader TomTom. This is basically
• • •