Consider booking a local Portland limo service to make your travel hassle-free and more enjoyable. Relax in the backseat of a luxurious vehicle and enjoy the scenic route to your destination. With a professional chauffeur behind the wheel, you’ll have one less thing to worry about on your trip. Plus, chauffeurs are knowledgeable about the city and can give you insider tips on the best places to visit.
I simply love to give visitors a true taste of what Portland has to offer beyond the obvious tourist traps. Our city is full of hidden gems and unique experiences, and I want to show you some of my favorites!
Look for some places to eat that are off the beaten path – you’ll find some of the best food in Portland away from the tourist traps. And finally, make sure to leave some time in your itinerary for exploring Portland’s many neighborhoods. Each one has its own unique flavor and personality.
- The Secret Garden at The Grotto: This serene spot is located in the middle of the city and is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle. Take a seat on one of the benches and soak up the peaceful atmosphere.
- The Waterfall Hiking Trail: This hidden gem is located just outside of Portland and is the perfect spot for a nature hike. The trail culminates at a stunning waterfall – definitely worth the hike!
- The Underground Music Scene: Portland has a thriving underground music scene with plenty of great bands and venues to check out. If you’re looking for something off the beaten path, this is definitely it. From jazz clubs to underground hip hop shows, there’s something for everyone.
- Powell’s Books: This world-famous bookstore is definitely a must-visit for any book lover. With over 1 million books in stock, you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
- Voodoo Doughnut: This quirky doughnut shop is one of Portland’s most popular tourist attractions – and for a good reason! The delicious doughnuts and fun atmosphere are not to be missed.
- The Lan Su Chinese Garden: This serene garden is located in the heart of Portland’s Chinatown and is the perfect place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of the city. It’s also one of the most beautiful gardens you’ll ever see.
- The Saturday Market: This popular market is open every Saturday and is the perfect place to find unique gifts, handmade goods, and delicious food. Those who love to shop will definitely enjoy browsing the stalls.
- The Pearl District: This trendy neighborhood is home to great shopping, restaurants, and nightlife. Be sure to explore all that this area has to offer!
- Forest Park: This massive park is located just outside of Portland and is the perfect spot for a nature hike or a picnic. With over 5,000 acres of forest to explore, you’re sure to find something you’ll love.
Try booking your plane tickets for mid-week to avoid the weekend crowds and get better deals. You can also save money by staying in an Airbnb or a hostel rather than a hotel. Or, if you’re up for a luxurious experience, consider splurging on a stay at one of Portland’s many boutique hotels.
Portland is a great city for visitors because it has a little bit of everything – from stunning natural scenery to thriving urban areas. And with so many hidden gems and unique experiences, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. So don’t hesitate to add Portland to your travel list – you won’t
And finally, my number one tip for visitors is to go off the beaten path and explore Portland’s hidden gems. You’ll be rewarded with an authentic and unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
Mind the weather when you visit Portland – it can be rainier than you expect! But don’t let that deter you from enjoying all our city offers. There’s so much to see and do, and you’re sure to have a great time.
If you’re looking for an authentic Portland experience, here are some of the best-kept secrets in our city:
10.Multnomah Falls: This stunning waterfall is located just outside Portland and is definitely worth visiting. The short hike to the falls is an added bonus!
If you’re traveling with children, there are plenty of great things to do in Portland with kids as well. For instance, the Oregon Zoo and the International Rose Test Garden are both great options.
These are just a few of the best-kept secrets in Portland – there’s so much more to explore! So get out there and start exploring our great city. You won’t be disappointed. And to make sure you get the most of your trip here, I’ll also give you some hints on how to organize your time and where to stay during your visit.